SLP New Year's Resolutions for 2015

I’ve never been big on New Year’s Resolutions, but this year, I have decided to make some for my professional life!


Here are my SLP New Year’s Resolutions:

  1.  Attend the ASHA convention in Denver in November this year.  I’ve never been to an ASHA convention, and I am determined to make it happen this year!  I’m looking forward to the opportunity for some great professional development AND getting to finally meet some of my wonderful online SLP friends in person!
  2. Do my best to leave school AT school.  I’d rather go in early every day or stay a little late to get things done, rather than bring work home to do.  Does this mean I’ll be going in over winter break to finish my progress reports?  Yes, but I just seem to mentally do better with a physical separation of work and home.  (Bonus - I live across the street from my school, so I can go over and work for a bit without much hassle.)  I want to make sure my time at home is primarily for my family, while also reserving time for my online work.  
  3. Earn more CEU’s.  I know attending the ASHA convention will help with that, but I would like to make more use of my speechpathology.com membership.  I would like to set a schedule for myself this summer - I think a goal of two courses per month is definitely achievable, although I’d like to do more.
  4. Come up with ways to better involve and inform parents.  I send homework with my students on a fairly regular basis, but I could definitely be better in this area.  I plan to develop some parent-friendly newsletters that I can send home or email at least once per quarter.  I’d also like to be better about writing notes to parents to send home in their student’s folders or via email.
  5. Keep creating SLP materials!  I don’t think I could stop doing this if I tried.  :)  I currently have 94 products in my store.  Since I tend to create long, complicated, time-consuming products, I’m aiming for creating at least 15 new products for my TpT store by the end of 2015.
  6. Keep blogging!  I would like to average at least one post per week.  I have really enjoyed this new outlet, and would like to keep up the momentum.

What about you?  What are some of your professional or personal goals this year? 

2 comments

  1. Thanks for the linky! I don't know what happened to the image, it was there when I
    linked :p Happy New Year!!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top