Sweet and Simple Therapy Idea - Stamper Markers

Today's Sweet and Simple Therapy Idea is perfect for days when you don't have much time to plan, or want to make drills in therapy more exciting!



I found these stamper markers at IKEA last summer for about $2.  Each one is a different color with a different stamp.  (I believe Crayola also makes a similar version.)  There are MANY ways you could use these in therapy, but here are two to get you started!



First, I used them with my artic and phono students.  I made some quick tables on the computer - one page had 100 squares, and the other had 50.  (I used the smaller one for my younger students.)  For every time they said their sound/word correctly, the students got to put a stamp of their choice in one of the boxes.  If they said it incorrectly, I used a different stamp on the page.  Not only did this make the drill more fun, I could also quickly add up the data at the end of the session by looking at the different colors of stamps!



Another way I used these is with a student who has difficulty with time concepts (yesterday, tomorrow, weekends, next week, etc.).  I printed off a paper calendar of the month, and we used the stamps to indicate different events that occur during the month.  (Notice how I snuck the heart in for speech-language therapy days?  ;))  Then we talked about how many days it was to a certain event, the days of the week, and months of the year.

Have you ever used these before?  What other therapy ideas do you have for them?


No comments

Back to Top