Home Office Makeover

Today, I would like to give you a sneak peek at where I work at home.  My current office started out as a tiny upstairs guest bedroom when we moved in a couple years ago.  And by tiny, I mean enough space for a twin size bed, nightstand, and that's about it!  It's about 9" by 9", so it doesn't hold much.  Plus, it has a built in cabinet along all one wall, so it's hard to put any furniture there and still be able to open the doors.  Here's what it looked like as a guest room:


After talking with my husband earlier this year, we decided the space wasn't being used a whole lot.  We decided to move the bed downstairs and make it into a daybed in our living room, which would leave the room free for me to use as an office.  We had a few extra pieces of furniture in our basement after our move, so we borrowed a few different pieces to to use in my new office temporarily.  





I knew I wanted a brighter, happier color on the walls than the pale blue that was there.   I decided on this happy mint/aqua green (the darkest shade on the color chip) that matched the fabric on my bulletin board.  Pretty colors like this make me happy!  :)



I decided to paint the walls and the giant built in cabinet the same color, so it wouldn't stand out as much.  I also wanted a new desk and bookshelf with more space to handle all of the various items I need for office work, plus a dry erase board for all of my projects and ideas.  Here's what the finished room looks like:



I'm kind of in love with vinyl quotes now (did you see my desk project?), so I knew I wanted to find something for this awkward space about the cabinet.  (It is from Blue Couture Design on Etsy.)  I think it fits me well!  :)



I'm really happy with the way it turned out!  What do you think?

5 comments

  1. It looks awesome, Natalie!! I absolutely love the colors your picked. Great work! :)

    Carissa
    Home Sweet Speech Room

    ReplyDelete
  2. Don't tell my daughter how small the room is/was! That's the size of her bedroom!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Excellent. I love the color scheme!

    ReplyDelete
  4. If you don't mind I'd love to share one of the photos of the decal on our facebook page! Thanks!

    ReplyDelete

Back to Top