Does anyone else have a huge collection of stimulus cards printed from TpT that just seem to pile up? I seem to keep collecting them, but just don’t have a good place to store them! (If you caught my Periscope a few weeks ago - @slpnataliesnyders - you got a sneak peek.)
After my success making over these plastic drawers, I decided to see if I could find a plastic toolbox drawer unit with drawers big enough to hold some of my cards. (I have a couple of smaller ones that hold my office supplies, but the drawers aren’t big enough to hold cards.) After some searching, I found this on Amazon:
I decided to spray paint it the same color I used for my larger drawers here.
I knew I would need an easy way to label these drawers to make sure my materials stayed organized. While browsing at Target the other day, I came across this dry erase tape.
I immediately decided that I would find some good use for this tape, and went ahead and bought it. When I got it home, I realized that if I cut it in half and fit it to the outside of these drawers, the tape would make perfect labels that I could change out easily! As an added bonus, it somewhat hides the contents of the drawers from prying student eyes.
I added a label to each drawer, then started sorting my most used cards. After I sorted different therapy targets into the different drawers, I wrote the targets on the labels with a black dry erase marker. (Note: if you want to change the labels a few weeks or months down the road, it will take a bit of persuasion to get the dry erase marker to come off, but a Clorox wipe worked fine for me.)