Here are some of the goals I targeted with this craft:
- For students working on articulation/phonology goals, we wrote their target words/sentences on each ice cream scoop.
- For students working on describing with the Expanding Expression Tool (EET), we made our scoops match up with the colors in the tool, and wrote the corresponding attribute on each one.
- For students working on following directions, I gave them specific instructions to follow when we assembled our ice cream cones. (For example, "Put the blue scoop below the white scoop.")
- For students working on expanding utterances or asking questions, I put the materials out of their reach, and had them ask for what they needed. (For example, "Can I have the blue scoop?")
- For students working on plurals and verb tenses, we wrote the target form of the word on each scoop.
What do you think?